Duration/Dates2 - 7 Nights (or more)
Winter Park is located 67 miles northwest of Denver in Grand County in the Rocky Mountains of Colorado and is one of the largest ski resorts in the state. The resort is known for its three interconnected peaks, Winter Park, Mary Jane, and Vasquez Ridge. Winter Park can be accessed by shuttle from the Denver International Airport, rental car, or its unique Amtrak Ski Train from downtown Denver.
Voted as North America’s #1 ski resort by USA Today for 2018 and 2019, Winter Park has 3,081 acres of piste runs, legendary bump trails, and tree areas for your skiing and snowboarding pleasure. Whether you are a newbie to the sport, an intermediate, or advanced rider, Winter Park has a wonderful range of terrain across Seven Territories, all with spectacular views of the Continental Divide. Winter Park truly has something to offer for everyone and is home to the National Sports Center for the Disabled (NSCD).
RESORTS IN THE AREA
With over 314 inches of average annual snowfall, 300 days of sunshine a year, and the closest major ski destination to Denver, it’s no wonder Winter Park is a favorite among locals that call this resort their home mountain.
- Winter Park Territory – Great long cruising runs, a renowned Ski & Snowboard School, ideal area for families.
- Vasquez Ridge – The ideal spot for off the beaten path powder stashes in a more remote area on the mountain.
- Parsenn Bowl – Home to the highest six-pack lift in North America, intermediate-friendly tree runs and open bowl skiing, and picture perfect 360-degree views.
- Terrain Park – Progressive features and an 18-foot superpipe to suit all ability levels.
- Mary Jane- World-class bumps and tree skiing with a laid-back vibe.
- Eagle Wind- Expert terrain with fresh powder and some of the best tree skiing on the mountain!
- The Cirque – This area has 399 acres of double-black diamond terrain, that is certain to challenge even the seasoned expert level skier and snowboarder. You can also upgrade your ski pass to ride the Cirque Sled, which provide easy access to backcountry type terrain that is patrolled. This is true mecca for powder-hounds!
- Double 6
- Triple 3
- High Speed Quads 6
- Gondola 1
- High Speed Six Pack 3
- Surface 4
- Base Elevation 9,000 ft/2,743 m
- Peak Elevation 12,060 ft/3,676 m
- Vertical Drop 3,060 ft/933 m
- Annual Snowfall
- Average 327 inches (830 cms)
- Skiable Acres 3,081
- Beginner 8%
- Intermediate 18%
- Advanced 19%
- Most Difficult 52%
- Expert Only 3%
- Designated Runs
- Off-Piste & Backcountry
- Yes, on 27 trails and covering 313 acres.
- Skiing Snowboarding
- Terrain Park
- With world-class skiing, a charming mountain town vibe, great adventure activities, Winter Park is the ideal winter destination getaway!