Duration/Dates9 Days/8 Nights
Searching for the perfect Chile ski vacation? Welcome to the Andes Mountains of Chile! Let Endless Turns arrange your all-inclusive ski & snowboarding package to Valle Nevado Resort, located 1.5 hours above the city of Santiago. Valle Nevado Resort is positioned high in the Northern Andes Mountains of Chile and all of its terrain is above timberline. The views are stunning and the resort is just a short distance from the Argentina border (the way the crow flies!).
All lodging accommodations in Valle Nevado are ski-in, ski-out, with nice amenities, wonderful dining options, and fun nightlife. From beginners to advanced athletes, our Valle Nevado ski packages have something for all ability levels. Whether you are into Heli-skiing, snowboarding, or the terrain park, you’re sure to have a blast during your ski vacation in Chile!
RESORTS IN THE AREA
Skiing is from the middle of June through late September (weather depending, season can be extended into October). Valle Nevado is located in a high mountain desert at almost 10,000 feet (base elevation) and experiences big storms from the Pacific Ocean, delivering an abundance of powder each season!
Valle Nevado has an excellent variety of terrain and a lot of it! The resort is above timberline and since it is the highest resort in the Andes, it receives very light powder. There is terrain for all levels of skiers, with long groomed runs for cruising, steep powder faces, and perfect open bowl skiing/boarding after big storms! The heli-ski and backcountry terrain here are some of the best anywhere in South America and offer big vertical relief. Both La Parva and El Colorado Resorts can be accessed from Valle Nevado by purchasing an upgraded ski extension pass, once you are in Valle Nevado. Combining all three of these resorts makes this the biggest resort in South America.
ACCOMMODATIONS & CUISINE
Valle Nevado offers three main hotels (5, 4, 3 stars) and apartments for your ski week. All hotels are ski-in, ski-out in Valle Nevado. There are some wonderful restaurants to choose from nightly: Chilean, French, Intercontinental, and Italian. Did we forget to mention the extensive wine list these restaurants have, which include Carminere, Cabernet Sauvignon, and many other local varietals.
Valle Nevado has some fun bars and a discothèque that is quite lively. This resort is a melting pot for skiers from all over the world.
- 12 – 1 High-speed Detachable Quad
- 1 Triple
- 1 Double
- 6 Surface Lifts
- Vertical Drop: 2,657 feet (810 meters)
- Top Elevation: 12,041 feet (3,670 meters)
- Bottom Elevation: 9,838 feet (2,860 meters
- Annual Snowfall
- 26 Feet / 8 Meters
- Designated Runs
- Off-Piste & Backcountry
- There is some incredible terrain off the Valle Nevado/Colorado ridge line, which drops to the road (steep faces and chutes that will challenge even the best free riders!). In addition there is some wonderful terrain behind the upper mountain.
- Heli Skiing
- Some of the longest and steepest lines found anywhere in the Andes. You can fly to over 15,000 ft, then ski a 6000+ ft line (need we say more!)
- Covers 30% of the mountain (only the front side)
- Skiing Snowboarding
- Terrain Park
- Yes, as well as a half pipe
- You can ski over to the El Colorado & La Parva Resorts with just an upgraded ski pass once you are in the Village of Valle Nevado. In addition to all of this inbounds terrain, you have unprecedented out-of-bounds between all three areas.