Here’s the thing about a Package Tour:
In an age of DIY and self-reliance, it might be nice to take a break from all that hard work and let someone else be in charge. A Guided or Package Tour lets you sit back and fully experience and appreciate your surroundings without constantly having to plan out the next step or the next place to visit. Package tours follow a set agenda with a specific itinerary of activities and destinations. The majority of these packages are pre-designed to help folks hit all the major tourist attractions in any given city or country. In many cases, travel companies can even customize travel packages to let folks pick & choose what they want to do.
If a custom guided tour sounds like your cup of tea, here are some pointers:
- Look for package tours that fit with your sensibilities. Whether you’re on a budget or looking for luxury service, there is something for everyone. If you’re not sure what to expect, work with a travel company to find out what will work best for you. They can tell you what’s available and can offer an itinerary to meet your specific wish list.
- You set the expectations. Your travel guide/agent is not a mind reader. The more clear and specific you are about your expectations, the better.
- Split up your time between guided and self-guided travel. You don’t have to stick with the tour. Sometimes you’re better off left to your own devices. Mix it up. #YouDoYou
- Don’t be afraid to ask questions—even stupid ones. If you have any concerns at all, just ask. Any reputable travel company should be able to answer every question you have. Sometime they might have to do a little digging but they’ll always get you a definitive answer.
- Build a relationship. Your travel guide can be your “fixer” while you’re traveling. If something comes up, they can be a lifeline for you. They can do things like negotiating an extra night’s stay, send you an email copy of your passport, or just recommend a non-touristy place to grab a bite to eat. The more they know you the better they can help you get what you need.
Packages tours may not be for everyone but they can be an outstanding way to enjoy your travels with minimal stress and planning. Here at #EndlessTurns, we offer cultural and adventure tour packages which include multiple guided experiences. We have everything from; South American wine tasting tours, to cultural sightseeing tours, to backcountry ski tours, and a whole lot more.
Here is a shot from a guided boat tour of Igazu Falls. While you’re looking at it, think about how you might not have even known you could take a boat tour of these world-famous waterfalls if you didn’t see this picture posted by a travel guide company.