Start funding your travels today!
Did you make a New Year’s Resolution to travel more in 2017? Well, if you really want to make it happen, start a Travel Fund—do it today. Start saving as soon as possible. You can dial-in a savings plan later. The important thing is to get the ball moving. Take a little bit of that holiday bonus or gift money and start funding your future travels. Make sure you keep it going by adding a little bit more each week.
Travel Fund ABCs
- Open a savings account
- Add 25-50 per week to that account ($25 a week=$1,300 at the end of the year)
- Plan your travel well in advance
Steps A & B are about setting up the travel fund. Step C is about making sure you get the most for your money. As your travel fund grows, start planning your trip.
- Figure out where you want to go. Start with something modest. You don’t want to empty out your travel fund right out of the gate. Think domestic. Think location verse accommodations.
- Consider traveling with friends or family. It’s typically more fun to travel with others and it can often save you a little money too.
- Figure out a travel budget. Based on your destination, accommodations, and dates put together an estimate of how much you’ll need to save. Don’t forget to add a budget for daily expenses like eating out and other activities (skiing/tours/drinks, etcetera—feel free to call us here at EndlessTurns, if you need help with this). Dialing-in a Travel Budget will let you know how much to put away with every paycheck. (Note: too much is better than too little)
This is the easiest way to make sure you hit your travel goals for 2017 and every year after that.