Duration/Dates9 Days/8 Nights
Welcome to the Andes Mountains of Argentina! Let Endless Turns arrange your all-inclusive ski and snowboarding package to La Hoya Resort, located in Esquel. The village of Esquel is 3 hours south of Bariloche in the heart of the Patagonian Andes. All lodging is in Esquel, which is 20 minutes from La Hoya Resort. Esquel is nestled in the Lake District of Patagonia and the gateway to Los Alerces National Park. This traditional Argentine village offers wonderful home cooking, shops, cafes, and local entertainment nightly.
RESORTS IN THE AREA
La Hoya Resort may be a small mountain acreage wise, but it offers great action-packed terrain to challenge even the most advanced skiers. Located high above Esquel, La Hoya has wide-open bowls, chutes, long groomers, and natural half pipes. The out-of-bounds here is limitless, with miles of bowls and couloirs that one will not be able to ski in a lifetime!
Accommodations and Cuisine
Esquel is a wonderful mountain village with accommodations to suit all travelers’ needs. From rustic cabins to luxurious hotel rooms, there is a good variety of lodging and some of the friendliest locals in all of Argentina! Esquel also has some remarkable restaurants with cuisine from all over the world, including wild game and fish, which are local to the region.
Esquel offers many great pubs and bars for après-ski and discothèques for those that enjoy dancing to Latin, House, 80s, and Tango music.
- 1 Quad
- 3 Doubles
- 6 Surface
- Vertical Drop: 2,116 feet (645 meters)
- Top Elevation: 6,808 feet (2,075 meters)
- Bottom Elevation: 4,692 feet (1,430 meters)
- Annual Snowfall
- 16-19 feet / 5-6 meters
- Designated Runs
- 24, which equal just under 14 miles (22 km)
- Off-Piste & Backcountry
- There is a little bit of everything at this small gem. The upper mountain has steep chutes, bowls, and easily accessed backcountry. Steep chutes just below the lodge out-of- bounds will rival those found anywhere!
- Yes, but from just at the top of the Del Bosque Lift (just below mid-mountain) to the base of the resort.
- Terrain Park
- Yes, but there is no half pipe