Duration/Dates8 Days/7 Nights
Welcome to the Andes Mountains of Argentina! Let Endless Turns arrange your all-inclusive ski and snowboarding package to the Chapelco Resort, located just above the village of San Martin de Los Andes. Chapelco is located 3 hours north of Bariloche in the heart of the Northern Patagonia Lakes District. Most of the accommodations are in San Martin or just outside the village. San Martin de Los Andes is a beautiful laidback village with stunning views of Lake Lacar and the surrounding volcanoes that border Argentina & Chile. There are plenty of great restaurants for dining, shops, cafes, casinos, and fun nightlife!
RESORTS IN THE AREA
Cerro Chapelco is a fun mountain for everyone, with open bowls and chutes on the upper mountain to some great tree skiing and long cruisers from mid-mountain down to the base area. You can also find some very nice off-piste skiing and adrenaline rushing steeps out-of-bounds!
San Martin de Los Andes Village is located 20 minutes from the Chapelco Resort in the heart of the Patagonia Lakes District of Argentina. Lodging is available in hotel rooms, suites, cabins, and apartments throughout this beautiful village. The scenery is breathtaking with high alpine lakes, mountain streams, glaciers, and old growth forests.
Nightlife and Cuisine
San Martin has local pubs, dance clubs, casinos, and some of the best carnicerias (steak houses) found anywhere in Argentina. Whether your idea of a night out on the town consists of martinis in a relaxing bar or dancing the night away to Latin music, San Martin is very lively. There is every type of cuisine imaginable, from succulent lake trout to tender Argentine beef. Have you every had a pizza topped with wild boar or venison? This is a real treat!
- Gondola 1
- Quads 3
- Triple 1
- Double 1
- Surface 6
- Vertical Drop: 2,336 feet (712 meters)
- Top Elevation: 6,463 feet (1970 meters)
- Bottom Elevation: 4,127 feet (1258 meters)
- Annual Snowfall
- 19-23 feet / 6-7 meters
- Designated Runs
- 31, which equal 20 miles of terrain (32 km)
- Off-Piste & Backcountry
- There is very good backcountry access off the top of the Filo poma down the backside, as well as back into the resort. The whole top of the mountain consists of large bowls and some chutes. There is also some phenomenal tree skiing, as the spacing is perfect.
- Yes, from the top of the gondola down to the village.
- Terrain Park
- Yes, but there is no half pipe